St Catherine’s was built in 1827 and owned by George Banks, a wealthy cloth merchant from Leeds. The house stayed part of the family until 1928 when a consortium of local businessmen bought the estate. In... Read More »
Once an orphanage, a psychiatric hospital and nursing home, now it 99,000 sq ft of corridors and rooms stands empty and deserted.
Opened in 1874 as a orphanage for 321 children, however by the end of World... Read More »