Join Fright Nights for a ghost hunt Fort Horsted ghost hunt at one of Kent’s most haunted locations. An incredible labyrinth of tunnels and buildings said to be haunted by very active spirits awaits you!.As seen on the hit TV show “Ghost Adventures”!
Supernatural Tour of Fort Horsted
Mediumship and Equipment workshops
Mediumship walkround – who haunts tonight?
Psychic and Ghost Hunting Equipment
Experiments including seances and glass divination
Ghost Hunting Vigils in the dark
Hot Drinks and Biscuits
Expert advice and discussion about the paranormal
Your chance to stay in a Haunted Fort at night!
During the mid 1800s there was considerable alarm in the United Kingdom generated by the territorial ambitions of France and Germany. To increase Chatham’s defences it was recommended that five forts should be constructed around the town.
Work started on Fort Horsted and by far the largest of the five, in 1880 using a convict labour force from the newly constructed Borstal prison and supervised by the Royal Engineers.
Constructed in the shape of a six sided arrow head, with each flank protected by machines guns in the counterscarp galleries, the Fort would have been home to a garrison of approximately 400 men and women.
However by the early 1990s the Fort was all but deserted, derelict and in much need of attention. The fort was put up for auction and purchased by Avondale who started started to run the fort as a business office while retaining its original historical features.
The Fort has had a local reputation for being very haunted and has now attracted the attention of Fright Nights, Britain’s most popular and original ghost hunting company.
Its hauntings are numerous and said to include:
* A large, shaggy black dog seen wandering the tunnels
* A little girl whose voice has been recorded by visitors
* Shadowy figures witnessed in the tunnels
* Areas so scary that security guards refuse to visit!
* A negative energy that is said to make visitors feel uncomfortable, sickly and very nervous
* A spectres of a mother and child seen walking the grounds in very old clothing“Just took part in a Ghost Hunt with Fright Nights and it was brilliant! We went in as a group of skeptics and came out a bit uncertain as to what was out there! Moving glasses, manifestations, moving lights and a fog horn!! Well done guys and I will be booking again soon!.” J HThis is your chance to uncover Fort Horsted’s supernatural history and take part in a real ghost hunt with paranormal investigators and mediums. The night begins with a special introduction to the history and hauntings of the buildings and site, detailing real-life experiences and historical information researched by experts. This will set the scene before you are joined by our expert paranormal investigators and mediums to try and experience paranormal activity in one of the most haunted locations in Kent!
The Fort Horsted Ghost Hunt will take you to the edge!Please note: Over 18s only – no pregnant women allowed and attendees must be reasonably fit. No accommodation provided. For more information please see our Terms and Conditions
Address: Fort Horsted, Primrose Close, Chatham, Kent, ME4 6HZ